Arc Property Solicitors specialise in residential and commercial conveyancing. We are property specialists and offer nationwide conveyancing both online and offline. Unlike many other conveyancing companies we employ fully qualified solicitors - as well as conveyancers - to ensure we are able to provide a fast and thorough conveyancing service. As we're a registered solicitors practice, we are regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. We have acted for thousands of home movers around the country and handle around £350m in property transactions.
THEY HAVE CEASED TRADING AND KEPT ALL YOUR MONEY! I KNOW AS I WAS SACKED BY THEM ALONG WITH MANY OTHERS2 months ago#CONMEN
- Ben79:Well, why doesn't this surprise me. So that's the final nail in the coffin then, I lost my dream house 2 weeks ago, and now I'm going to lose all the money this company has of mine. I've never felt so betrayed by a company in my life, how can they play with people lives like this. I sincerely hope people get jail time for this scam.
- Correct Info:The firm may have shut but your money is protected by the SRA therefore contact them and they will arrange for any monies owing to be returned to you
- raji:I'm sorry for the people now jobless as a result of this dreadful company, but hey, you were complicit in ripping off hundreds of people with back door charges, no comms, failed house sales. ARC have probably ruined the whole online conveyancing business. I would never in my worst nightmares ever consider using one again.
- Jannywan:we were unfortunate enough to pay this company £82000 just two days before he ceased trading. We were devastated but I am pleased to report that the intervening solicitor appointed by the SRA has finally managed to secure our money via the emergency fund and has transferred the outstanding money to the vendors solicitor's account today so the house is now ours. This man has traded in many different names Abode Solicitors, Arc solicitors and Action conveyancing and he is also a director in his wife's business
- Samantha Oliver:Don't use them. I am having to pay again for the purchase of my property they have now ceased trading. My LTR has still not been registered. How can they get away with this!!!!
Word is they have ceased trading2 months ago#Property
- Som:I hope this is true and if so it's about time. We finally completed after a year. The poor bloke (our seller) who used them nearly had a nervous breakdown (he ended up on anti-depressants). My son has been in his flat for just over a month. I so hope they have now gone out of business. Good luck to anyone who is still with them.
- ian addy:That wouldn't suprise me, they are a total disgrace and avoid at all costs, communication is non existent unless you live close by and able to knock down the door..
- bill green
Well, unlike most of what I have read on here my experiance wasn't too bad, our handler was a very pleasant young lady who we contacted by phone several times and by e-mail many more times, all this happened in june of this year. I visited ther offices three times as it was much quicker and safer than posting documents and on evey occasion we were promptly dealt with, on two occasions we just turned up unanounced and were seen. Now after completion,which only took 4 weeks,( I had to pay extra) as it was an auction purchase, I am still though awaiting the deeds or whatever passes for this these days and also a refund, luckily of only £144 for indemnity insurance I neither wanted or needed, I have tried to contact them by phone, line either goes dead or just rings and rings, and by e-mail, either get undeliverable notification or no reply depending who messages sent to. Will I use again? don't think I will be able to, guess they'er either going or gone, but even if not, no, I will stick to a local solicitor, it will be worth the extra. By the way the fees, I was quoted £299, I ended up paying over £1100, but this did include search fees and a fee to get the work completed within four weeks.2 months ago#where are they?
- bill green:A couple of hours after posting I recieved a phone call from action conveyancing regarding the refund, "its for £10 isnt it, just the deposit" to which I replied No, its for an indemnity policy I didn't take, its £144 please," ok" he says" I'll check up and you should get the refund by the middle of next week". Guess I can wait a week, I'll let you know.
- Peter w:word on the street is that they have gone out of business. Contact the SRA
- Christine Gilham:I rang SRA today Tuesday 24/09/2013 and they say they have no knowledge that these people have ceased trading!
- raji:Bill, you have just described how you were ripped off and still give them 3 stars!!...hello, this 2013, you do not have to put up with this disgraceful treatment, there is an ombudsman to talk to.
I cannot begin to explain the stress that has been involved in dealing with this company. I was stupid enough to take them on for a sale / purchase where I didn't check in detail online reviews. Due to their total incompetence we lost the sellers of our new house, they continually failed to answer the phone or reply to any emails. When any work was done it was wrong, and on more than 1 occasion I received other peoples documents. They just dont care how much stress they are putting you though. My utter hated for this company is at a level I didn’t think possible. I had 3 case handlers for my move, and each time a new one got it, it was back to square 1, with the same questions, and another 6-8 week lead time on it.
I was sucked into using these with their fake testimonials on the website, and friendly sales staff who were all very happy to take the search money. All I can thank is that I didn’t get to the point where they had the equity from my sale as I think I would have been close to driving to their offices.
DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. They are a bunch of cowboys.2 months ago#Disgrace terrible awful cowboys
- claire g:i have just read all these reviews,and i am so upset, as i am experiencing all of these problems..............spent an hour and a half on phone waiting for them to answer...no reply. Everybody ready in chain, except my solicitors action conveyancing..............DO NOT USE, I AM SO ANGRY........WE HAVE LEFT EMAILS, MESSAGES, ETC.......NOTHING...DONT WANT TO LOSE HOUSE OF MY DREAMS :(
- Dave s:I totally understand what everyone is saying as we are in the same situation. We have been trying to get hold of Action Conveyancing for the last few days but finally got hold of them on ext 612 worth a try!! We have had three different case handlers all who have now left the company. Also don't trust your money with this company as they held our money for our sale for over a week and still haven't paid our estate agent. DO NOT USE ACTION CONVEYANCING AS THEY ARE A BUNCH OF COW BOYS!!!
- raji:if you get to read this comment, whatever you have spent with these people...walk away and get a proper solicitor, your sanity is at stake here.
If u r using them..
DO NOT USE THEM. THEY NEARLY COST US OUR NEW FLAT. WE WOULD HAVE BEEN HOMELESS. Through all the stress i have had this week due to the issue I cannot bring myself to write it all out, but in short, Ation Conveyancing have been kicked off of the panels of many banks and basically are not allowed to complete directly with those banks, they must use a third party solicitor to complete. They did not tell us this however (and neither did the bank!). There are only a few people left in the office, most have been made redundant (someone on the phones told me, but it was obvious from his tone that he had been told not to) and it looks like the company might go down. This is why nobody is picking up the phones - nobody is there. If you are using them at the moment you may be better off demanding your money back, and doing so asap. We did. They had 10.5k of our money and getting it back was slightly stressful, but they seemed to understand that if they didnt give it back we would complain to the SRA, and they handed it over pretty quickly too (although charged us for the bank transfer). Thank god we did so before they went bust. Im sure it would take a long time to get it back through the SRA who quite frankly, don't seem to really care about what is going on in Action Conv. and haven't investigated properly despite what happened to us. Luckily we are buying a new build and the developer recommended a solicitor who already knows the plot and can turn around our conveyancing in a few weeks, meaning we will keep our flat.2 months ago#Heartbreaking #stressful #unlawful
NEVER USE this company. You can never get hold of them via email or phone, we had 3 case handlers for our move, each time it moved handler they had to start again, our house move all fell through in the end. This company is an utter disgrace, I cannot express the anger I feel toward these cowboys. Never have I ever felt so stressed and unwell as when they were handling my case. For you own sanity and health pay the extra and go to someone local.2 months ago#Disgrace #terrible #awful
I recently used Action Conveyancing to move house and to put it short, they are absolutely shocking. They don't reply to emails or calls, they really slow at doing anything!! Try to charge you extra once you've already agreed a quote but I did manage to wiggle out of paying it (there was noway I was paying them extra when the service was shocking from day one).
Most recently they were suppose to send off a Land Transaction Return for the house. They sent it off late!! which resulted in HMRC sending ME letters saying I owe them £100. Rung solicitors, they promised to pay it (even sent an email so I have it in writing) and they haven't paid it. This has now resulted in HMRC thinking I have simply ignored their correspondence and warning me that recovery proceedings are going to commence (Yep, that means people coming to my home and taking my things away for this company's incompetence!!!).
We have now paid the fine as we are a young couple starting out and don't want any bad credit but I am determined to get my money back from this appalling company. I will be taking them to a small claims court.
So Trust Me, do not use these people. They have caused me so much unnecessary stress and I will never forgive them for bringing my name down with them.3 months ago#action conveyancing #arc #conveyancing
- Paul Curtis:I too agreed to a figure of £320 final bill in £890 something should be done about these crooks
- david cooper
Just awful, these people are the last thing you need at a time like this. Don't do it.3 months ago#poor conveyancing
Do Not Use
I agree with all the comments posted here & hope that it puts as many people off using this company as possible. Absolutely appalling service, never answer the telephone, never return emails/calls. We had 2 conveyancers looking after our case, both of whom left the company during the process?! It took 4 months for the simplest of house moves (no chain). They state on their website 'award winning client service' & 'outstanding feedback' - don't believe a word! They are truly atrocious.3 months ago#appalling
- Emily Na
Please Please AVOID Arc Property Solicitors
Please check the review on the link below, it's totally true..
I bought a small one bed flat last year with them. the ARC solicitors is absolute unbelievable rubbish. They do not know how to do the job, and just ignore me. If I did DIY that time would save my time and stress and would be less things went wrong.
Firstly, it took them SIX month to close the deal, SIX month for a cash buyer? and they did not do any search as I asked. and they did not even tell me the property was sold with the current tenant.
On the contract Arc gave me to sign it's "with vacant possession on completion" but before the completion date, I went to check the property, somebody was still in, and the vendor had noticed Arc in written, even the contract says, but the tenant would stay. so I became homeless because their mistake, It was a very stressful week for me. (the Arc had no idea of this, till the completion day was due, they told me that, and if I do not complete the transfer, I would loss the 10% deposit. I could leave the completion and sue them, but I would loss an idea flat, and get more stress on the case suing Arc, so I compromised, but you can image the situation.)
PLEASE AVOID AVOID AVOID ARC Solicitors, if you don't believe me, check more on google web.
After I bought the flat, I though everything would finish, even the post completion was dragged too long as well (TWO month) I did not want to report their POOR performer their mistake, I just wanted to sort out my things, get on and move.
Until recently, I received a bill over £4000 for repairs from the management company ( the flat is L/H), the management company told me my solicitors would advice me about that, because they had informed them before the purchasing.
My solicitor Arc, had not adviced me anything, each time when I called them, the person who deal with my case was in meeting or on another line, they promised to call me back but they never did. When I informed them, I was going to leave them, then they sent me all the documents for me to sign, and told me they've been busy on my case, now it's the time to close the deal.
BECAUSE ARC, I loss SIX month to to move in, and this £4000 unknown bills waiting to pay.
They are unbelievable incompetent.
I really could not image what else could go wrong.
Today, I write this here and rate Arc Property Solicitors, I believe it's all true and I have been fair with them.
(I have even lunched a complain with them, the person who was dealing with, K**** A******, never really got back to me, and the director R** A**, I have to say, he's very good at sophistry, hopeless, totally hopeless).
What ever happen now, it's too late for me to walk out and re-do it, but just wish somebody else do not be fooled by their rating and promising on their OWN website. Do some more digging.4 months ago#Complaint
Nearby similar companies
- 1Distance: 1.07 miWindsor House,Cornwall Road
HG1 2PW Harrogate
- 2Distance: 1.07 miWindsor House, Cornwall Road
HG1 2PW Harrogate
- 3Distance: 1.16 mi6 North Park Rd
HG1 5PA Harrogate
- 4Distance: 1.33 miStrayside Mews, 2 Leeds Road
HG2 8AA Harrogate
- 5Distance: 1.34 mi7 Leadhall Lane
HG2 9NF Harrogate
- 6Distance: 1.4 mi19 North Park Road
HG1 5PD Harrogate
- Residential Conveyancing
- Property Solicitors
- Commercial Conveyancing
- Online Conveyancing